ChronosFD is a frequency-domain instrument based on laser diodes and light emitting diodes (LEDs). This powerful tool offers all the benefits of a complete time-resolved fluorometer but at an affordable price.
ChronosFD is fully-automated through Vinci, a user-friendly, Windows-based software package.
Key features of ChronosFD include:
- Flexible instrument configuration with a variety of light sources (laser diodes, LEDs and Ti:Sapphire laser)
- A compact footprint and short optical path length for maximum sensitivity and efficient light coupling into the sample
- Millisecond to picosecond lifetime measurement capabilities
- Full automation of instrument components including: cuvette holder, polarizers, shutters, filterwheel, monochromators and stirrers
- PC-controlled integration of temperature path, titrator, stopped-flow apparatus and pressure pump
- Upgradable to a full steady-state and time-resolved instrument
- T-format and parallel beam optical design for fast and precise polarization measurements
- Powered by Vinci-Multidimensional Fluorescence Spectroscopy
Specifications for ChronosFD
|Light Source||Laser diodes (405, 436, 473, 635, 690, 780 and 830 nm), LEDs (280, 300, 335, 345, 460, 500, and 520 nm), and Ti:Sapphire, white and other pulsed lasers|
|Focusing & Collection Geometry||Parallel beam design for precise polarization measurements|
|Polarizers||UV grade Glan-Thompson with L/A=2.0|
|Detectors||PMTs and MCPs|
|Detection Modes||Fast analog and photon counting electronics|
|Wavelength Range||160 - 850 nm (MCP), 185 - 850 (PMT)|
|TCSPC Modules||• Electrical Time Resolution down to 8 ps FWHM/5 ps rms
• Minimum Time Channel Width 820 fs
• Total useful count rate up to 4 MHz
• Measurement times down to 1 ms
|Lifetime Measurements Range||10¹¹ sec to 10² sec|
|OS Requirements||Windows XP operating system|
|Power Requirements||Universal power input: 110-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 400 VAC|
|Dimensions||540 mm (L) x 425 mm (W) x 235 mm (H)|
Measurement Examples from ChronosFD
Fluorescein in Propylene GlycolFrequency-domain anisotropy decays (Differential Polarized Phase Angle and Amplitude Ratio) of Fluorescein in propylene glycol measured on ChronosFD using an excitation wavelength of 470-nm (Xenon lamp). The emission was collected using an OG530 long-pass filter. Calculated values for &thera; = 5.3 ns with R0 = 0.40 and τ = 4 ns, T = 27-28°C.
BodipyFL in WaterFrequency responses (phase and modulation) of BodipyFL in water acquired on ChronosFD using a 471-nm laser diode. The emission was collected through a high pass filter 520KV. The data is best fitted with a single exponential decay time of 5.87 ns (x2 = 0.97).
Below is a list of selected publications featuring ChronosFD. Click here to browse our complete library of publications.
|Synthesis of Water-Soluble, Ring-Substituted Squaraine Dyes and Their Evaluation as Fluorescent Probes and Labels
Tatarets, A.L., Fedyunyayeva, I.A., Dyubko, T.S., Povrozin, Y.A., Doroshenko, A.O., Terpetschnig, E.A., Patsenker, L.D.
Anal Chim Acta., 2006, 570(2), 214-23.
|Real-Time Determination of Picomolar Free Cu(II) in Seawater Using a Fluorescence-Based Fiber Optic Biosensor
Zeng, H.-H., Thompson, R. B., Maliwal, B. P., Fones, G. R., Moffett, J. W., Fierke, C. A.
Anal. Chem., 2003, 75(24), 6807-6812.
|Chain Dynamics of Nascent Polypeptides Emerging from the Ribosome
Ellis, J.P., Bakke, C.K., Kirchdoerfer, R.N., Jungbauer, L.M., Cavagnero, S.
ACS Chem Biol., 2008, 3(9), 555-66.
|Indocyanine Green-Loaded Biodegradable Nanoparticles: Preparation, Physicochemical Characterization and in Vitro Release
Saxena, V., Sadoqi, M., Shao., J.
Int. J. Pharm., 2004, 278(2), 293-301.
Accessories available for ChronosFD
The following accessories are available for ChronosFD. For more information please visit our Fluorescence Accessories page.
- Laser Diodes & Light Emitting Diodes (Modulated)
- Lamp Mono-Assembly
- Two-cuvette Sample Compartment
- Three-cuvette Sample Compartment
- Four-cuvette, Peltier-controlled, Sample Compartment
- Dewar Flask
- The HPCell™ High Pressure Cell System
- Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence (TIRF) Flow Cell
- Variable-angle, Front-Surface Sample Compartment
- Vacuum Chamber
- Microwell Plate Reader Accessory
- UV Glan-Thompson Prism Polarizers
- Titrators (1 and 2 syringe)
- Stopped-Flow Devices
- Fiber Optics
- Computer-controlled Filter Wheels
- Microchannel Plate Detector